Fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin Issues and Errors
Most of the issues with WordPress are plugin or theme compatibility problems. Usually, these happen after a WordPress core update.
For example, let’s assume that your IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin hasn’t been updated for a while. But all of a sudden your WordPress site’s core files upgrade to the latest version of WordPress. And the site just crashes. A backup restore seems to be the only solution for the problem.
This is a classic example for WordPress compatibility issue.
And this may become even trickier if your site uses plugins and themes that are not compatible with the default PHP version of the site.
In fact, any plugin or theme issues may sound a bit complicated. But there are some common steps for troubleshooting compatibility issues with plugins like IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin. Here are some tips to use as a workaround.
Why Fast & Accurate Web Hosting Customer Support Matters In Such Cases?
WordPress is a great CMS, but it’s not perfect. That’s why when issues arise, it’s critical to have the best web hosting customer support service that you can rely on.
And most importantly, you need a hosting provider that will be able to solve your WordPress issues and errors in a timely manner.
Hosting providers such as Bluehost and SiteGround have the best Technical Support in the industry.
And the coolest thing is that support is already included in the price of your hosting package with them.
So, I highly recommend both Bluehost and SiteGround, in case you’re in search for a new service provider.
Fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin compatibility issues with other plugins on the site from WP Dashboard
Disable all plugins from WP Dashboard except IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin
- Log in to your WordPress backend and go to Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> select all plugins and from the Bulk Actions drop-down menu, select Deactivate. Then click on Apply and wait until all of the plugins show as inactive.
- If you suspect that the issue relates to the IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin, then you can go ahead and activate it again. If the issue is still there after the activation of IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin only, then Delete it and install it from scratch. Usually this resolves most of the plugin compatibility issues after a WordPress update.
- On the other hand, try with installing an older version of IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin. Sometimes earlier versions seem to be more compatible with the rest of your WordPress scripts such as plugins and themes. The older versions of IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin are under the Development tab of the official IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin page.
- Click on Development, scroll down and click on Advanced View:
- On the next page, scroll down, select an older version of IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin and click on Download.
Fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin compatibility issues with other plugins on the site from cPanel
If the issue with the IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin persists and if you’re not able to log in to your wp-admin area, try the following.
Disable IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin from your cPanel hosting account
Log in to your web hosting account and go to cPanel -> File Manager and open the directory where your WordPress website is . Then navigate to wp-content -> plugins -> and rename the folder of the plugin that you have issues with.
Now, if you want to disable all of the plugins, then just rename the folder called plugins. This will turn off all of the plugins on the site.
Lastly, if the site loads successfully after this, then one of the other plugins on the site is definitely the issue here.
Investigate the Root Cause of the Error
- Enable IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin and every other plugin one by one.
- Reload the site every time you enable a plugin. If you encounter an issue with your site after enabling the last plugin, this means that it’s most probably exactly that plugin which is causing the problem.
- The process of enabling the plugins one after another and reloading your WordPress site after every activation of a plugin will help you determine any compatibility issues between the plugins and the code in general on the site.
Rename All Plugin Folders Except the folder of IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin
- Go to cPanel -> File Manager – > wp-content -> plugins. If the plugins folder has been renamed previously, bring the old ‘plugins’ name back.
- Now open the plugins folder and rename all of the folders there except the folder of the IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin. In order to disable all of the plugins, just add a number or a letter right after the name of every folder in there, so you can change the original name of the folders one by one.
- N.B.: To understand if IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin is the problematic plugin, do not change its folder name. Now, after renaming all of the other plugins’ folders, you’re ready to refresh the site. If it loads now, this means that IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin is not the actual issue here. It could be related to another plugin, theme. Or there may be any other WordPress module compatibility issue that needs further investigation.
Fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin issues by changing the theme from the wp-admin area
If IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin is the only active plugin for your site and if your WordPress site still has problems, then disabling the current WordPress theme for the site will help even further.
From time to time, plugins can have compatibility issues with the code of the themes. To check if that’s the case, just change the theme directly from your WP Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes. Then Activate one of the other available themes.
In brief, if the site loads after the theme change, this means that there is a compatibility issue between the IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin and the previous theme.
Troubleshoot and fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin compatibility with themes from your cPanel hosting account
Finally, if you’re unable to log in to your WP Dashboard, do the following.
- Change the theme of the site from cPanel -> File Manager -> wp-content -> themes.
- Now, just rename the folder of the theme that is currently active for the site. Let’s assume that the active theme is 2017 Twenty Seventeen. Just rename the twentyseventeen folder to ‘twentyseventeen123’ for example.
- Next, reload your site.
If the previous theme was the actual issue, now the site should load normally with the new theme.
But if the issue is still there and the site doesn’t load correctly, this means that the problem is another module of WordPress. And it will need a more in-depth investigation.
Request Free Support from Our Team
Still got issues and errors with the IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin?
Let us know your exact issue in the comments below. And do feel free to ask your questions about how to fix IMPress Listings Custom Search Widget Plugin problems.
Our WordPress support team does its best to provide high-quality professional WordPress support for FREE.